Click here to download a membership form.
For Questions to Council
Emails to be addressed as follows
Subject: Questions to Council – Chadstone Bowls Club
cc all councillors – Refer to list of councillors’ email addresses below.
- Each person is allowed only five questions (per council meeting)
- Questions must be submitted by 10 am on the day of the Council meeting (or before).
- Questions must include the name and address of the questioner and the date of the question.
Questions submitted this way have to be acknowledged at the Council Meeting.
If the person who submitted the questions is at the meeting, a summary of the questions (e.g. Regarding Chadstone Bowls Club) will be read out, and a written reply will be sent within 14 days of the council meeting date.
If the questioner is not present, the council will respond in their usual standard correspondence timeframe.
By submitting your questions this way, all Councillors will know that questions are being asked and it keeps the pressure on Council officers
If you send questions to a Councillor, they can chose to reply or not.
Questions by facsimile or email are acceptable, or contact the Civic Support Officer on 8290 1331 for further methods of submitting questions.
Stonnington Council advises that questions may be rejected if the question is, or is potentially, defamatory, indecent, offensive, abusive, objectionable in language or substance, irrelevant, trivial, aimed at embarrassing a Councillor or a member of Council staff, outside Council’s powers or functions, which has been asked at a previous Council meeting and a reply issued.
To keep track of the information that council is using, would you please forward your responses received from Stonnington Council (answering your submitted questions) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For correspondence to a Councillor or Councillors or the CEO of Stonnington
Refer below for individual email addresses (Postal address 311 Glenferrie Road, Malvern 3144)
Suggested topics could be:
- Why the bowls club is important to you
- How long have you been a member
- How has being a member been good for you or for others you know
- What would you do if the bowls club wasn’t here
- Share some history of the CBC
|EAST WARD COUNCILLORS|
|Mayor Cr Jami Klisaris
0427 333 471
|Cr Glen Atwell
0429 106 772
|Cr Sally Davis
0429 343 561
|NORTH WARD COUNCILLORS|
|Cr John Chandler OAM
0417 771 288
|Cr Marcia Griffin
0429 239 413
|Cr Matthew Koce
0419 147 352
|SOUTH WARD COUNCILLORS|
|Cr Steve Stefanopoulos
0437 118 718
| Cr Judy Hindle
0429 202 574
|Cr Melina Sehr
0417 773 644
City of Stonnington
Chief Executive Officer
phone: 8290 1333
For Letters to the Editor
Mail: The Editor, Stonnington Leader, Level 10, HWT Tower, 40 City Road, Southbank Vic 3006
Letters should carry correspondent’s full name, address, email address and daytime phone number
Know Your Council – complaint resolution
City of Stonnington Older Persons Strategy
Refer pages 2, 4, 6
Note this document has not been superseded
City of Stonnington Recreation Strategy 2014-2024
Refer pages 3,4,5,6,9,10,11,13,15,21,23,25,29
Report to Council 21 November 2016 – Done under Confidential Business:
Indoor Stadium Proposal
General Business 5 December 2016
8. Stonnington Indoor Stadium
54 Sites considered by council
Media Release City of Stonnington 8 December 2016
Released two days after committing $100,000 to a feasibility study to determine if the Chadstone Bowls Club is the right place for the development
How often Stonnington makes decisions behind closed doors
Questions submitted at Council Meetings
- Questions from Council Meeting (10 questions), 5 December 2016
- Questions from Council Meeting (5 questions), 19 December 2016
- Questions from Council Meeting (10 questions), 19 December 2016
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Jolly) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms de Boer) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Clegg) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Clark) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Christofilopoulos) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Barwick) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Arnott) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Mr Jolly) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Mr Jackman) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Thompson) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Dimattina) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Mr Arnott) 20 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Mr & Mrs Baxter) 20 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Mr Gray) 20 March 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Mr Lawlor) 6 March 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Clegg) 3 April 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms King) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Lawlor) 6 March 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Rado) 6 February 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Wallish) 6 March 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Mr Clegg) 6 March 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Clegg) 20 March 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Clegg) 24 April 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Boyle) 22 May 2017
- Questions from Council Meeting (Ms Baxter) 5 June 2017
Letters to Council
Email to Council 31-01-2017 – this is the option Council should be considering
Letter to Mayor
All media enquiries should be directed to:
Alan – 0409 232 503
Denise – 0488 343 408
Chadstone Recreation and Civic Club Inc
2 December 2016
Last Wednesday, 23rd November 2016, Nigel, Natasha and myself, Alan Jolly, met with 3 Stonnington Council employees:
Karen Watson, General Manager Community & Culture
Tony Oulton, Manager Community Facilities
Grant Smethurst, Recreation Services Coordinator, Community Facilities
The meeting was held at their request and the agenda was not clear. They informed us that on Thursday of this week there will be a paper released recommending that a feasibility study be undertaken to locate a netball facility on the site currently occupied by the bowls greens and the two club houses. This paper will be discussed and almost certainly ratified at a meeting of council on the following Monday.
This will be a protracted process with the study not likely to be finalised before July/August next year. The CR&CC, the Tennis Club, the Bowls Club and all interested individuals will be given the opportunity to contribute to the study.
We will create a special committee to represent CR&CC throughout the process and drive towards the best outcome that we can achieve. Expressions of interest will be sought once position descriptions are finalised.
We realise that this news will come as a shock as it did to us last week but we need to stay positive as we work through the process. It is business as usual for now and the Chadstone Bowls and Tennis Clubs are guaranteed to be staying put for the 2017/18 season.
Please feel free to discuss this with any of the committee members in person.
Cheers for now – Go Chaddy!
Alan Jolly Natasha Menchikova Nigel Maxwell
President CR&CC President Tennis President Bowls
December 2015 – Mens Championship
Singles Final Gary Fettes vs Keith Tamblyn Early on a sunny Thursday morning Gary & Keith played this years final. Keith won a great 3 on the first end and Gary managed to be 4 to Keith’s 3 at the 4th end. At the 12th end the score was 11 all. Gary pulled away winning 12 of the next 19 ends (it took 31 ends to reach 25) Going into the 30th end score was Gary 23 Keith 22- Gary was holding 1 and just missed knocking Keith out to win a 2 and the game….At the 31st end, score Gary 24 – Keith 22 with Keith winning a great 3 to claim victory!
Numbers are my passion, of the 20 ones achieved, Keith had 5. Keith managed 1 four, 4 threes and 2 twos while Gary had 15 ones, 1 three and 3 twos. It was a great game
CHADSTONE BOWLS CLUB SINGLES CHAMPION 2015 – 16. CONGRATULATIONS KEITH TAMBLYN!
Ramp – Steps and Disabled toilet all in situ – Thanks to Stonnington Council this project has BEEN A LONG TIME COMING – first proposed in 2008